MOST POPULAR, PACKAGING, TUTORIALS

Folded Paper Flowers – with Tutorial!

Hi Everyone

I made these flowers this afternoon. It’s actually surprising how quick they are to make – to give you an idea – I made these in the time it takes for 2 “Dora the Explorers” to play on DVD..

You can also see these flowers made with maps here

For those with no kids or kids over the age 8 – that’s about 50 minutes!

It’s also the last day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month too – so a big HELLO and THANK-YOU to anyone who has donated in any way or helped fundraise for this very worthy cause.

I have also attempted a tutorial for the first time!  I have seen a few on-line for these flowers but I think this summarises the steps pretty easily. Would love some feedback!

I have used the Cosmo Cricket “Jolly by Golly” collection from last year and I am going to put something similar together for the Artfull Crafts Christmas Countdown next month using one of the Kaisercraft collections.

I used leftover papers I was not too keen on for these flowers –
I can’t wait to make some using papers I really like!

Having experimented with different numbers of petals –
odd numbers seem to look the best!

Tutorial

I used a hot glue gun to bond these as it dries almost instantly and is very strong. For the stalks I covered some wooden lollipop sticks with paper and glued them between two of the petals.

I have some florist foam (from the $2 shop) in the bottom of the bucket (from The Warehouse) which makes it really easy to stand and adjust the flowers.

Would love some feedback on the tutorial given it is a first for me.  Give these flowers a try – you do not have to use double sided paper and if you grab a big glass of wine – you could make heaps in front of the TV in an evening!

How about using them for:

A table display for Christmas
A bunch of flowers that never fades
Party favours
Someone who can’t have fresh flowers (allergies, people undergoing chemotherapy)

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Angie May November 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I absolutely love the way these look! I will definitely give them a try. Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Reply Jo November 2, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Loving these Lowri, you are such a talented lady! looking forward to giving them a try!

• Reply Helen Williams November 6, 2010 at 10:20 AM

These flowers are great.
    Put 12 flowers together to form a ball, then you can hang them or put on a stick as topiary.
    I made them for teachers gift 2 Christmas ago.

• Reply Rochelle November 20, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I'm enjoying having a look at all your great gift ideas, I think time to create them will be the issue 🙂 What a fab gift those flowers would make, not to mention a nice bunch to brighten my own desk.

• Reply Wendys Hat April 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM

I love these! Wow!

• Reply Kirsten @ Mushki Loves July 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM

How NEAT! I am a follower! I would love it if you would stop by my blog and look around and follow back if you like what you see! Have a great day!

• Reply Danielle February 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I found this on Pinterest and loved it. I cut 4 1/4 inch squares using heavy stock paper that my kids had painted a while back. It's was a great way to re-purpose their leftover projects.

• Reply Betty Moore October 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Love the flowers

• Reply Tanya Herb April 23, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I LOVE these flowers! I feel really dumb right now. I've been sitting here staring at your tutorial and when you get to part 4, flatten sides I'm totally lost. What am I missing LOL???

• Reply Tara Salley May 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Did you figure out step 4? I am also lost on that step.

• Reply LowriMcNabb May 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Try this video here – it may help explain the steps better 🙂

• Reply Tanya Herb April 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM

• Reply Purple Joanie June 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM

My daughter made these for a Fathers day gift using Rupert annual pages they were lovely, and she showed me your web page, I have now made some and love them Thanks for a super tutorial xx

• Reply ZipporahJade January 25, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Just made a bunch of these for people at work. Your tutorial is super easy to follow, thank you!!!

• Reply Zohaa Qaisar March 20, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Great looks really easy.It saw these on a different website it was soooo counfusing. great tutriol

• Reply Tara Salley May 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I love these but also do not understand step 4. Please help!

• Reply LowriMcNabb May 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Try this video here – it may help explain the steps better 🙂

• Reply diana méndez June 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM

These look lovely. I'm checking out the video shortly! I'm really new at crafts so I got a wee bit confused. The steps above were for a petal? Not a whole flower?
    Awesome nonetheless 🙂

• Reply Evelyn Meyer December 1, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Thank you so much for you picture tutorial, I made a white flower and love to do these paper
    flowers E.M.

• Reply efloral Gifts December 12, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Send Anniversary Flowers onlineWhether it's a Friends anniversary or your own, celebrate this joyous occasion with our wide selection of Anniversary Gifts and Anniversary Flowers.