Okay - so first off I want to say I am NOT a Spellbinders expert. In fact this post came about because apart from the circles - I only own ONE Spellbinders Set- the Labels One and I really wanted to come up with some ideas on how to use them other than just the plain shape.
This really is as simple as it looks!
Perfect for any party, class treats etc all you need to do is buy some cello bags, cut a plain pieces of card for the background and then use a smaller piece for the decoration. It's a great way to use up scraps and I just added a rub-on for extra detail
I thought I was so clever coming up with this - and I have actually seem something really similar this week on the Spellbinders blog! I have a mini-tutorial showing how I made them below, so don't forget to check that out too!
OK - so this was my first attempt at a banner! Nothing really matches but it was a good way to show another use of the spellbinders die!
This picture shows where I placed the die on the paper to get the shape. I repeated the placement for the smaller dies to get the layered effect.
All of these projects use the Echo Park Be Mine Collection and I have a tutorial showing how I made the Mentos Favours just below..
- You need ribbon, 2 x pieces of pre-cut paper (one larger than the other), double sided tape, small hole punch, some means of scoring paper (board not necessary - use a ruler!)
- Score 1cm either side of the "peak" of the larger paper
- Repeat on smaller paper
- Using adhesive tape – glue smaller piece onto larger piece
- Punch small holes in either side
- Thread ribbon through holes
- Tie ribbon
- Stuff in your mini-mentos!