I have used the Cosmo Cricket “Upcyle” Collection which is perfect with it’s bright colors and fun themes. I also decided I needed somewhere to put the magnets – so I made this fun board too!
These magnets are so much fun to make and you really only need a few basic supplies.
Preparing the Glass Domes
- Buy some cheap magnets
- Carefully remove backing (definitely adults only)
- Scrape away most of the glue with a sharp craft knife
- Use a pot scourer to remove remaining glue
Making the Magnets
- Cut or punch circles of paper slightly smaller than the flat side of the glass dome
- Apply Mod Podge to the surface of the paper you want visible through the magnet and glue onto flat side of magnet
- When dry, apply a layer of Mod Podge to the other side o the paper (outside)
- Using a strong craft glue, stick a magnet to the underside and leave to dry
The magnet board started life as a really ugly magnetic calendar thingy – so I sprayed the outside edges with some tile paint, glued on some paper and when the glue was dry – I Mod Podged over the top to add some shine and protection.
Post a comment if you have any questions 🙂