Hi Everyone – A quick tutorial to share today to show how to make these folded paper mini albums.
Now I am not going to deny this technique IS a little heavy on the paper use – but if you haven’t had to buy a blank album – then I guess overall it’s no more expensive than any other technique!
I use it as a way to use up paper and odds and ends of collections so I don’t feel guilty! This size book with 8 pages uses the equivalent of 2 whole sheets of paper – which is still probably cheaper than buying an album and covering it in paper!
You could of course make the book from plain cardstock and cut patterned paper to cover each page, which would effectively use half the amount of patterned paper.
- Cut 8 pieces of paper 4” x 8”
- Fold all the pieces into half , with the side of paper you want showing on the INSIDE
- Glue pieces together back to back to create pages
- Ensure that the folds are always aligned
- When all piece are glued – round corners if desired
- Cut piece of paper 8.5” x 4” for cover – round corners on one side
- Score cover at 4” and 4¼ ” to create “spine” for book
- Glue cover to front of book – do not glue spine
- Glue cover to back of book
- Trim excess paper and round corners for back of book
I hope this has given you some inspiration to create your own books. It’s a project that comes together in an hour or so and the book pages feel really “solid” in terms of weight – and much easier to stuff in a purse (thinking Grandma brag book!!) than a chipboard or wooden album.
Would love to see what you come up with!