I am showing this tutorial as Christmas is coming and this is a super simple way to jazz up plain jars for easy gifts. You can use any scraps of scrapbook paper and they look really neat when finished!
You can see another example on my Neighbor gift post here.
If you need to keep a good seal on the lid for your jars (for example if they contain perishable food) simply cut the paper a little smaller and then use a sticker or ribbon to hide the join without compromising the seal. (Take a look at the tutorial below and all will become clear!)
Covered Lids Tutorial
- Cut a circle of paper (see Note* below for sizing information)
- Trace rim onto reverse of paper
- Make cuts as shown ¼” apart to centre line
- Using mod-podge, glue lid to paper
- Glue strips, one at a time overlapping as you go round
- Seal with 2 coats of mod podge all over
Cut circle to equal diameter of lid PLUS 2 x height of rim PLUS 1.5cm
I would love for you to link back here if you give this a go and please post a comment with any questions
I am linking up this project to these websites here.