Today’s project is a Mini Album I created with the This and That Christmas Collection from Echo Park. I have also included a step-by-step tutorial showing to create the album.
This Collection has such a variety of prints and embellishments, it is easy to put together small papercraft pieces such as this album. You can see the details of the construction below – but for the front I have used a few stickers and pieces from the Chipboard and Layered Chipboard packs, as well as threading a piece of elastic through the “Remember This Christmas Forever” piece to tie it all together – this slides easily over the top of the album.
This album is created from cardstock or paper and makes a great, economical alternative to buying one. The main face on each page is a 4” x 3” card, all cut from one piece of the Journaling Cards paper. You can see some more detailed shots below – but in most cases I simply added one extra sticker and left plenty of space for little photos, journaling etc.
- Cut 5 rectangles of paper measuring 7” x 4.5”
- Fold them all in half along the long edge, creating 2 pages measuring 3.5” x 4.5”
- Line the pages up as shown. Note – you are only going to see the pages facing you, so you can use blank cardstock for the reverse pieces to economize on paper
- Begin to glue all sides that touch – take your time and check after each time you glue that you have the album the right way up. I used a double sided adhesive tape runner.
- Glue all pieces to give you 3 folded album pages facing you
- Create 2 covers from chipboard measuring 5” x 4” and paint or ink the edges
- Glue your cover to the outside of the outermost page
- Repeat on the other side and your album is complete
You can adjust these measurements to create an album any size you like – just cut the covers approximately ½” longer and wider than your pages to create a border.
Using the journaling cards means that minimal extra decoration is needed.