A quick post today to show you one of my favorite tutorials – perfect for the festive season…
“Sour Cream Containers”
Once you know this technique, you can use them for party favors decoration or wrapping. You can make them any size and below you can see my full tutorial showing how to create them. All of the papers and embellishments I have used for this project are from the “All is Bright” Collection from MME. This festive collection is fun, bright and modern with a big twist of vintage!
After I created the containers, I just used matching tape, brads and buttons to decorate – but you can use anything you would like. Lets the kids go crazy with glitter, stickers – whatever you have on hand. You can use ANY paper to crate these – and if you have been storing your kids artwork all year – cut it up and make a bowl full of treats for the Grandparents – fill each container with a chocolate and I guarantee Grandma will thrilled!
Sour Cream Container Tutorial
- Cut paper into 3” x 4” rectangles (7.5cm x 10cm)
You can get 12 of these from one sheet of scrapbook paper
- Place very strong double sided adhesive tape along the two long and one short sides. I used JEJE Extra Sticky Tape
- Remove the backing from the tape
- Form a cylinder, joining the 2 shorter sides together with the adhesive. Press adhesive very firmly
- Pinch one end of the cylinder together.Press adhesive firmly and fill with little treats. Use a paper crimper or scoring tool to really seal edges
- Pinch other end of cylinder together at right angles to form this shape – repeat the crimping process