I wanted to share this project we completed at the recent Kaisercraft retailers day using one of their November release Collections – Madame Boutique. This collection is not my normal go-to style of papers, but it just goes to show that sometimes, using products outside of your normal comfort zone can yield some pretty good results!
The project using the the Kaisercraft Bracket Frame was just perfect for this lovely photo of my middle son and his great-grandmother. They shared a birthday and she just adored him with his bright ginger hair and his chubby cheeks! She died a couple of years ago and I recently gave the frame to my mother-in-law as a gift – let’s just say there were a couple of tears shed.
I made the rolled lace flower using Kaisercraft lace and the technique shown below and added a pearl brad in the centre.
There is a huge variety of cut-outs in these new Collectables packs from Kaisercraft.
The value is unbelievable and each pack includes over 50 die-cuts including tagsand a good variety of both large and small pieces – perfect for card-makers and scrapbookers alike.
This gorgeous bird is from the new flourish packs LINK from Kaisercraft. I have inked round the edges with Distress Ink for an aged look.
This collection is one that is so versatile as it co-ordinates so well with so many other products in the Kaisercraft range.
Rolled Lace Flower Tutorial
- Cut or punch a circle of paper the same colour as your lace
- Make it super sticky all over(I used glue dots but you can use double sided tape or even better – a Cosmo Cricket Gluber!)
- Starting at centre, roll your lace in a circle, twisting as you go
- Press down firmly to ensure lace sticks to glue
- Be sure to roll tightly as you get to the end and secure the end underneath with another glue dot
- You can now decorate as you choose!
This is one of those projects that looks impressive -but is easily completed in 2-3 hours.
Please post a comment with any questions.
I am linking up this project to these websites here.