You can see another example on my Neighbor gift post here.
If you need to keep a good seal on the lid for your jars (for example if they contain perishable food) simply cut the paper a little smaller and then use a sticker or ribbon to hide the join without compromising the seal. (Take a look at the tutorial below and all will become clear!)
Covered Lids Tutorial
- Cut a circle of paper (see Note* below for sizing information)
- Trace rim onto reverse of paper
- Make cuts as shown ¼” apart to centre line
- Using mod-podge, glue lid to paper
- Glue strips, one at a time overlapping as you go round
- Seal with 2 coats of mod podge all over
Cut circle to equal diameter of lid PLUS 2 x height of rim PLUS 1.5cm
I would love for you to link back here if you give this a go and please post a comment with any questions
I am linking up this project to these websites here.