Last week I shared this mini-album idea and today I am sharing a detailed tutorial showing how I made it!
Following the exact directions below will result in an album measuring 2″ x 2.5″ containing 11 double-sided pages but you can adjust the dimensions of the folds to yield an album of any size.
The starting size paper for this exact album is 10″ x 12″
Mini Album Tutorial
- Score at 2″ intervals along the 12″ long side of the paper
- Rotate paper and score at 2.5″ intervals along the 10″ long side of the paper
- Fold at score marks to define the creases
- Make cuts as shown (details in diagram below)
- Begin to fold into pages, alternating pages of the book
- Continue folding each page until all are complete
- Leaving one page at each end, create album pages by gluing pages together
- Continue gluing until all pages are complete
- Cut a strip of paper 2.5″ wide
- Adhere one end of strip to front of book
- Wrap strip around book and glue onto back
- Your book is complete!
As with all projects like this – I suggest you practice on scrap paper a couple of times so you can mark lines, make notes and get a feel for how the book folds.
Detailed Cuts Diagram
Here is another example using the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel Collection.
Please leave a comment with any questions.
I am linking up this post to these websites here.