Hi Everyone – A quick post today to show you a project I created for the 100 Days of Christmas Wonderful at Design Dazzle. It incorporates a couple of ideas I have used several times before – just a new little twist, and I have detailed tutorials showing how to create both the bowl and treat favors.
Once you know this technique, you can use them for party favors or just as unique packing for little gifts. You can make them any size and below you can see my full tutorial showing how to create them. All of the papers and embellishments I have used for this project are from the gorgeous “All is Bright” Collection from MME. This festive collection is fun, bright and modern with a big twist of vintage!
After I created the containers, I just used matching tape, brads and buttons to decorate – but you can use anything you would like. Lets the kids go crazy with glitter, stickers – whatever you have on hand. You can use ANY paper to crate these – and if you have been storing your kids artwork all year – cut it up and make a bowl full of treats for the Grandparents – fill each container with a chocolate and I guarantee Grandma will thrilled!
Sour Cream Container Tutorial
- Cut paper into 3” x 4” rectangles (7.5cm x 10cm)
You can get 12 of these from one sheet of scrapbook paper
- Place very strong double sided adhesive tape along the two long and one short sides. I used JEJE Extra Sticky Tape
- Remove the backing from the tape
- Form a cylinder, joining the 2 shorter sides together with the adhesive. Press adhesive very firmly
- Pinch one end of the cylinder together.Press adhesive firmly and fill with little treats. Use a paper crimper or scoring tool to really seal edges
- Pinch other end of cylinder together at right angles to form this shape – repeat the crimping process
Post a comment with any questions
I am linking up this post to these websites here.