Welcome to my Valentine’s Bookmark tutorial. I have provided step-by step instructions below on how to create the project plus a free download svg cut file for those of you who like to use digital die-cut machines. There are also a couple of hints for Cameo users who may be new to using files not purchased in the Silhouette Store, and if you wish to hand-cut the bookmark there is also a pdf download.
Note: Please see below as to why you will need the Designer Edition of Studio to use this file and why I cannot provide it in a .studio format.
Valentines Bookmark Tutorial
- Cut 3 “flower” shapes plus two full hearts for front and back cover
- Score all hearts as shown. The solid line represents a score on the reverse side you will not see, and the dotted line represents a score on the front side.
Define all fold lines well and your heart will begin to take shape.
Here is a detailed shot of the score lines needed:
- Push the heart together, ensuring that the front side score lines touch each other in the middle.
This is hard to explain – you just need to grab some scrap paper and give it a go!
- To form the book – glue the solid heart faces of the pages together back to back.
- Repeat for all your pages. The 2 complete hearts are then glued to the front and back face for additional strength.
Tips and Tricks
When you go to the link – here is where you can download the file.
Save it to your hard-drive and then open in Studio – remember to change the drop-down box to svg file type and the images will be imported into Studio.
The images are sized all ready to go at bookmark size but you can enlarge them to create a mini-album. Depending on your version of the software – you may need to go to the Cut Style Box and define the cut lines
I would love to hear about how this works out (or doesn’t work out!) for you – please email me here and I will try and incorporate all feedback into creating a better tutorial. I have tried and tested all the files – and they definitely work – but please understand I am not able to offer you individual support on how to use your Cameo machine!
Note: Due to Silhouette’s very restrictive licensing policy, I am not allowed to offer this as a .studio format download – I am sorry. It is my understanding you will need the Designer Edition of Studio to use .svg files, however – please email me if you have any questions 🙂