Mother’s Day is coming up soon and today I am sharing a tutorial for making a mini album that would be sure to brighten up anybody’s day. Maybe it’s your Mother, a friend who is a Mum or just someone you know who just needs a little boost – Mother’s Day is a GREAT excuse for breaking out the craft supplies!
This mini album looks perfect when presented in a vintage tin! A really economical project – this will only take a single sheet of paper plus a small strip for the cover.
Creating the book is a simple process but you need to be precise with your measuring and cutting.
Following the exact directions below will result in an album measuring 2″ x 2.5″ containing 11 double-sided pages but you can adjust the dimensions of the folds to yield an album of any size.
- Score at 2″ intervals along the 12″ long side of the paper
- Rotate paper and score at 2.5″ intervals along the 10″ long side of the paper
- Fold at score marks to define the creases
- Make cuts as shown (details in diagram below)
- Begin to fold into pages, alternating pages of the book
- Continue folding each page until all are complete
- Leaving one page at each end, create album pages by gluing pages together
- Continue gluing until all pages are complete
- Cut a strip of paper 2.5″ wide
- Adhere one end of strip to front of book
- Wrap strip around book and glue onto back
- Your book is complete!
I keep this little album in my bag – and the tin keeps it well protected from all the other junk that occupies the average mum’s bag (sticky stuff, pens with no lids, chocolate wrappers, half eaten apples etc!) I am sure you know someone who would love one too 🙂
I am linking up this post to these websites here.